Brazosport College Drama Department proudly presents Children’s Summer Theatre featuring The Sparkle Miser and Hamelot (A Pig’s Tale) Seidule Theatre G – 116 on the BC Campus, Show Dates: Monday through Saturday at 2 p.m. Admission Prices: FREE
So a guy in Phoenix, Arizona meets Jacqueline Ades through an online dating site. They go on one date. She got a nice dinner and he got 65,000 text messages, a butcher knife, visits to his office, and the woman arrested while taking a bath after breaking into his house. According to the police […]
It’s been exactly 148 days of dark, cold, baseball-less winter. Four months and 28 days since the Houston Astros won the 2017 World Series. But it is Opening Day for Major League Baseball and I’m as happy as a tick on a fat dog. The Cracker Jacks® are cracking, the hot dogs are grilling, […]
In the dark, misguided world of ants, there’s a complete spectrum of ant terrorism that threatens all the insect world and beyond. The raspberry crazy ants must surely have a rap sheet for cocaine possession equivalent to the collective total of the Rolling Stones. Fire ants are just mean in an ugly, unified way, […]
A couple of years ago, my daughter and I were often (very often) in the car driving to another town for water polo, so we listened to ‘Serial’, an investigative journalism podcast hosted by Sarah Keonig who narrates a nonfiction story over multiple episodes. The story was about Adnan Syed, who was convicted in 2000 […]
And in happier news… well, there’s none of that. But California says your coffee will give you cancer, so you’ve got that to look forward to. According to the courts, roasting coffee beans creates – along with a steamy, hot cup of Joe — a chemical called acrylamide which has been linked to cancer. […]
Search Classified Ads
- Jared Kushner Criticizes Abbas, Questioning His Ability to Make Peace June 24, 2018
- Global Sports: African Team, African Coach: Senegal Is Making a Strong Statement in Russia June 24, 2018
- Torn Apart by Zero Tolerance, Kept Apart by Red Tape June 24, 2018
- Teenage Girl Helps a Blind and Deaf Passenger and Wins Praise for Doing ‘Something Beautiful’ June 24, 2018
- Trump Leaves His Mark on a Presidential Keepsake June 24, 2018
- Turkish President Erdogan claims victory, expanded powers in dual elections June 24, 2018Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan appeared to win broadly expanded powers Sunday, as unofficial election results showed him garnering enough support to avoid a runoff -- although the opposition warned results were incomplete.
- Walgreens pharmacist allegedly denies Arizona woman miscarriage medicine over his personal beliefs June 24, 2018An Arizona woman who was told she was going to lose her baby was denied miscarriage medication by a Walgreens pharmacist who said it went against his personal beliefs.
- California wildfires destroy buildings, force evacuations June 24, 2018A wind-driven fire racing across dry brush in a largely rural area of Northern California has destroyed 12 buildings and threatened hundreds of others.
- Rob Reiner, Julian Castro among protesters calling to free kids from Texas 'tent city' June 24, 2018Former HUD Secretary Julian Castro and film director Rob Reiner joined dozens of protesters in Texas Sunday to call for the release of hundreds of minors from a tent shelter housing immigrants who illegally crossed the U.S.-Mexico border.
- Kansas City Royals signal interest in star college pitcher convicted of child sex abuse June 24, 2018The Kansas City Royals raised eyebrows across the baseball world this week as General Manager Dayton Moore said the organization was looking into signing Oregon State pitcher Luke Heimlich, who pleaded guilty at age 15 to sexually abusing his 6-year-old niece.
- Erodgan declares victory in Turkey presidential election June 25, 2018
- Trump: Deport 'these people' without judges or court cases June 24, 2018
- TV anchor fact-checks Trump supporter on family separations June 23, 2018
- Saudi woman fulfills lifelong dream to drive F1 car after ban lifted June 24, 2018
- More migrants stranded in Med amid European standoff June 24, 2018
- Social bonding key cause of soccer (football) violence June 24, 2018
- New research on avian response to wildfires June 22, 2018
- Repellent research: Navy developing ship coatings to reduce fuel, energy costs June 22, 2018
- Tiny jumping roundworm undergoes unusual sexual development June 22, 2018
- The photoelectric effect in stereo June 22, 2018