Associated Builders & Contractors Fundraiser. 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm ABC Facilities, 1002 ABC Avenue, Freeport, 979-233-1616 www.abctxgulfcoast.org
If you have a verifiable emergency, call 9-1-1. Indicators that you might have an emergency are the presence of more blood than can be contained in an average sized Band-aide; firearms being used inside a building that isn’t a gun range; and fire where fire shouldn’t be. All those things constitute a call to 9-1-1. […]
Texans are good at a lot of things, and, as a result, we have an impressive ego about how universally awesome we are, especially around Houston. However, we as Texans do have one weakness: the cold. We don’t do cold or ice or sleet well at all. A few hours of fluffy snow that […]
Fewer than 3 percent of cars sold today in the US have stick shifts and clutch pedals. You can’t even get a stick shift in a Volkswagen Beetle. I had a 1975 chocolate brown Toyota Celica that I couldn’t quite get into reverse, so the first day I had the car, the boy that carried […]
Attention People of Earth! It’s like this: remember that 9.4-ton unmanned space station that China launched, oh, way back when? No? Well, it’s going to be crashing into Earth sometime in the next couple of months. While nothing can ruin your day quite like being obliterated by space debris with a “Made in China” tag […]
Doctors believed that surgery was needed for a 41-year old woman that had not responded to six years of standard treatment for Crohn’s, which is a very serious bowel disease. Surgery finally found the problem, two small foreign objects that had pierced and inflamed the woman’s intestine. Both pieces of plastic had the word ‘Heinz’ […]
Search Classified Ads
- 4 Israelis Hurt by Bomb Set in Flag at Gaza Fence, Igniting Night of Fighting February 18, 2018
- Florida, Mueller, Olympics: Your Weekend Briefing February 18, 2018
- Iran Plane Crashes Into Mountain, Killing All 66 Aboard February 18, 2018
- Homelessness, Step by Step February 18, 2018
- Olympic Curlers Are Buff Now, and Have the Calendars to Prove It February 18, 2018
- Iranian commercial plane crashes, killing all 66 people aboard, airline says February 18, 2018A commercial plane crashed in a mountainous region in southern Iran on Sunday, killing all 66 people on board, an airline spokesman told Iran state television.
- Husband of slain MP Jo Cox steps down after misconduct claim February 18, 2018The widower of a slain British legislator has stepped down from two charities set up in her memory after allegations of sexual misconduct in the past were reported.
- 10 incredibly useful online sites you didn't know about until now February 18, 2018If you had to guess, how many different websites do you think exists in the world today? From simple blogs to complex businesses, the internet spans the gamut dispensing and gathering a myriad of information. Keep your answer in your head because, at the very end of this article, I’ll tell the closest estimate we […]
- Head of Latvian Central Bank is detained for questioning February 18, 2018The prime minister of Latvia says the country's top central banker has been detained following questions from the national anti-corruption agency.
- Auburn player Anfernee McLemore suffers gruesome leg injury February 18, 2018Auburn starting forward Anfernee McLemore suffered a horrific leg injury and had to be stretchered off the court during Saturday’s game against South Carolina.
- US airstrikes killed dozens of Russians in Syria, but Moscow doesn't want to talk about it February 18, 2018
- Passenger plane crashes in Iran with 66 aboard February 18, 2018
- Furious Florida students call for tougher gun laws February 18, 2018
- Trump slams FBI's handling of school shooter February 18, 2018
- South Korea puts brakes on Kim talks February 17, 2018
- Illegal global trade of pangolins February 17, 2018
- Unprecedented study of Picasso's bronzes uncovers new details February 17, 2018
- Research team uncovers hidden details in Picasso Blue Period painting February 17, 2018
- Scientists shed light on biological roots of individuality February 16, 2018
- Increasing incidence of rare skin cancer February 16, 2018